What does riding a Segway PT feel like?
Riding the Segway PT feels like nothing you've ever experienced because there's never been anything like it. Step on and your instinct will be to steady yourself, as you would on anything with two wheels. But almost immediately you'll realize that the Segway PT is balancing for you, almost like it has become an extension of you. Just lean forward a little and you'll see that the Segway PT isn't moving you on its own; it's moving in response to you and what you tell it to do. It all feels natural and really cool.
How does it move? How does it balance?
The Segway PT uses LeanSteer™ Technology to move you from Point A to B. Gently move the LeanSteer frame and handlebar left or right in the direction you want to travel and feel the machine respond almost instantly.
The Segway PT balances by using five micro-machined angular rate sensors and two accelerometers that sense the changing terrain and your body position at 100 times per second.
Are there restrictions to riding a Segway?
Yes. Riders must:
- Be age 8 and up. Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance.
- Weigh between 100 and 260 lbs. (45-116kg.)
- Wear the helmet and safety vest provided with the tour.
- Sign a liability waiver.
- Respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on the tour.
- This activity is not recommended for guests age 75 and up.
What is your cancelation policy?
- A $15 reservation fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tours may be rescheduled based upon availability 24 hours or before scheduled tour without loosing deposit.
- Cancellations made 24 hours before tour will be returned the balance of their purchase upon request.
- Changes made within 24 hours prior to tour will receive no refund.
How fast can the Segway PT travel?
Each Segway PT comes with two operational settings, "beginner" and "standard". Beginner setting is set to 6mph/13kph, and the standard setting is set to 12.5mph/20kph. 12.5 mph is roughly equal to a 5-minute mile, a really fast run.
How far can a Segway PT go on a single charge?
Depending on your base model, payload, riding style and terrain, a single charge can support up to 24 miles/38km of travel. You’ll be amazed at just how far that really is.
How do you charge a Segway PT?
A standard wall outlet can charge your Segway PT’s batteries. It takes about 15 minutes to get enough charge to travel one mile/1.6km. A full day’s charge (approx. 8-10 hrs.) costs less than a newspaper in electricity.
What’s a glide?
A glide is a trip you take riding your Segway PT. We like the name because it’s simple and very accurately describes the motion of riding, which is smooth and even, like you’re gliding across a surface. Gliding is a great way to meet new people, see new sights, or just get out and enjoy the day.
Can I use the Segway PT in the rain?
Yes. The device is completely sealed to allow it to operate in wet weather. Just be careful on slippery surfaces.